Monday, January 11, 2010

Couple of Updates

Hello everyone, it's been a while since my last post here!Things have been busy and I've been doing some book illustration work for a couple of publishers. My first real foray into the world of freelance illustration, really - and it's been real exciting. Unfortunately I've neglected my websites and blog a little bit, but not to worry, I have a few plans.

The Bookish Owl
I'd like to revamp the Bookish Owl into a more illustration and industry related blog, and a little less of my own personal updates. More on local gallery shows/happenings in Melbourne, more on breaking into freelance illustration in Australia, tutorials/tips/advice on topics of interest to artists and all that sort of thing. I'm hoping to get it all going by early February sometime.


 A personal site
I've just registed MelanieMatthews.net and it's going to be my personal site and blog. This site will also be sort of a 'home site' to which all my other sites are connected. I'll also have some other articles and things of interest here, as well as the personal blog and news updates.

Bearprints
Bearprints, my portfolio site, is in serious need of updating and that will happen in the next month or so as I re-arrange and re-build my portfolio to a higher, more current standard.

Other Projects
So far I'm working on 365 Cartoons, a blog where I post a cartoon a day even though I've already missed two days, oops. There's some other things I'd like to do but I think I have enough on my plate to get through now, so more on other projects later.

Anyway, thanks for following the blog, hopefully I'll have some more good things to report shortly.

3 comments:

  1. hey, yo.

    I found you via drawn, and I can't believe that I havn't come across your stuff before, your art is pretty good I think. I do enjoy looking at it, there is quite a bit of it.

    keep up the good work, congrats on getting your degree, and good lukc with this 365 challenge of yours

    cheers to you and your skill

    your fan

    -LFW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work!!!! Found you via Drawn as well. Congrats! Lookin' forward to all your fun cartoons. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I found your work via Illustration Mundo. I'm just starting out as a freelance illustrator too, so I am enjoying reading about all your experiences! Love your work too. x

    ReplyDelete